Drupal 8: There's a Cache Bin for That!
This session will explore the layers and components of the powerful cache system in Drupal 8. Topics will include:
- Overview of the Cache API.
- How to configure your local setup to get all caching out of the way for development.
- How to build render arrays in your custom modules that are properly cache aware:
- Accounting for cache metadata
- Implementing your own cache tags
- Preventing Drupal from caching a particular route.
- Bonus Topics as time allows:
- Reverse proxy (Varnish) integration.
- Big Pipe
Examples will be shown from Digital Pulp's recent redesign and launch of our own site in Drupal 8.